Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Homeless Veteran Escaped Fire But Has Nothing Left

Homeless vet in hospital after barely making it out of burning building
WTOL 11 News
December 13, 2017

“I got nowhere to go for emergency purposes. Nowhere. I just lost everything. All my clothes, everything. I got nothing more, nothing.”


A veteran is now homeless and in the hospital after barely making it out of a burning building in central Toledo Wednesday morning.
The fire occurred on Palmwood Avenue near Collingwood Avenue around 2:30 a.m.
Crews say they arrived to find the building totally engulfed, with flames shooting out of the windows and roof of the building.
Homeless veteran Rex Davis says he and about seven other people were squatting inside the building when the fire started.
Davis said the blaze started when an ember from the fireplace caught a mattress on fire.
“I opened up the fireplace and something popped out and landed on the mattress and burned it up. I crawled out from the basement. I couldn’t see,” he said.
read more here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.